Welcome to the PromaxBDA UK Short Film Festival presented by Amazon Prime Video.
These rules may be subject to change with little or no notice. By entering you agree to abide by the decision of the judges and the Festival Director in this and all other matters relating to this competition.
PromaxBDA UK is an organisation of industry professionals who encourage excellence and innovation in the field of Television Marketing and Creative. The PromaxBDA UK board is made up of senior representatives from all the major broadcasters and some of the most influential creative companies in the UK. From promos to print, graphics to digital experience, PromaxBDA UK champions original ideas and provides a platform for creativity.
The PSFF is a chance for Television Marketing and Creative professionals to showcase their short films to their peers. We will be accepting submissions until Sun 1st October.
Please DO NOT send films as an attachment! Please send download links or links to view online. Before you submit anything, please read this whole document. 5 short films will be selected as finalists and screened at an event shortly before November 3rd 2017.
These 5 films will be awarded £5,000 prize money (before US non-resident tax, up to a maximum of 30% or lower treaty rate depending on individual’s circumstances). Then on November 3rd 2017 one winning film will be awarded instead a £10,000 prize (before US non-resident tax, up to a maximum of 30% or lower treaty rate depending on individual’s circumstances). Payment may take one to two months to process.
Please like our Facebook page for more details, updates and news feed. https://www.facebook.com/PromaxShortFilms/
– Entry is free.
– Entries should be no longer than 15 minutes.
– The deadline for entries is Sun 1st October but really the sooner the better so please don’t delay.
– The films can be factual or drama based, live action, animation or mixed media.
– By submitting your film you are certifying that you are the film’s owner and that you have obtained all necessary rights for public showing of your film, including its soundtrack, thereby indemnifying PromaxBDA UK and Amazon against any possible legal claim or any rights infringement.
– Please direct any questions to Matt White (Festival Director) email@example.com
– Entries that are deemed offensive or unsuitable for display for any reason, may be disqualified.
– Filmmakers must be, or must have recently been a TV promo maker, or involved closely with TV promos and/or TV Marketing or TV branding. This competition is for films by TV people. The decision of whether a filmmaker’s link to TV promos is strong enough to qualify rests solely with the PromaxBDA UK board and the Festival Director.